One Thursday Morning


What is it with today?

First, I scheduled a lab work near our place. For some reason, there was moderate traffic en route so I ended up using another route. My appointment was at 7:45 am and it was already 7:35 am. I arrived at 7:42am and while still at the parking lot, I already checked-in to ensure that I’ll still be on time. Once inside the lab, I waited for a few minutes and when it was my turn, I found out that the doc office hadn't done any orders into the system yet. So, I had to cancel it. I called the doc office, of course, they’re still closed because they open at 9am. I just left a message.

Next, I went to Walgreens because there are pending medications I need to pick up. Google says it opens at 8:00 am. I arrived at 8:01 am and there’s a man standing outside waiting for the door to open so I parked nearby and  I waited inside my car. By 8:11 am, the store door automatically opened. I got off my vehicle and I got in the store, headed toward the pharmacy only to be told that they open at 9:00am. Strike two!

Since I have a scheduled meeting by 10:30am, I decided to go ahead and drive to campus. There was heavy traffic on the way. Well, it’s not new on a Thursday morning! I made it on campus after almost an hour on the road. When I opened my laptop to check on emails, today's meeting was cancelled at the last minute. “What?! Wait a minute”, I said, “This is the third time that all my plans were cancelled. All three consecutive meetings were cancelled in one day!” Strike three!

"Taking a deep breath," I told myself and added, "I will not let these cancellations disappoint me nor steal my joy for the day." And then, as if to add to my dilemma, one new client asked for onboarding assistance remotely. TBH, I wasn’t in the mood to be of service. But after dilly-dallying, I decided to confront the challenge. I set up a zoom meeting with this new client. I found out that he was on his phone so I told him to switch to a laptop so that he can share with me his monitor. In that way, it would be easier to assist him. Guess what, according to him, his laptop’s battery died so he needed to charge it. At first, I was irritated by him being inconsiderate with my time. On the other hand, he has an iPad which he tried to show me the screen but it was too bright for me to see the details. He kept on doing it until I lost my patience. I blatantly told him to stop wasting my time. So, I instructed him to take a screenshot and send it to me so that I will know the issue. Apparently, he couldn’t figure out what to do with his emergency contact section in the platform. I just told him to put it on hold and leave it as a to-do task later when he arrives on campus in August. The problem was solved but not after a few exchanges of emails with him as well as our technology department.

Well, it’s still half of the day … My supposed lunch with a colleague was postponed to a later time of the day (at least, it’s not cancelled). It’s now 12:35pm and I am hungry because I haven’t eaten anything since last night because I assumed that I will have an early morning lab work today. 

Ahhh, I guess I just have to be still and wait upon the Lord for His perfect timing. I’m exhausted as well after all this morning’s cancelled events. I turned instead to writing my journal which you are reading now. The day’s not over yet so I hope things will get better … Meanwhile, inhale, exhale, repeat, and relax.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Mini-Series Film

One April month

New York City