One Mini-Series Film
I have never imagined myself to be so enamored by a TV mini-series until watching Seeking Persephone. I came across SP through a platform which has been showing snippets from the film in my social media reels. Out of curiosity, I told myself I might just watch it to give myself a break.
At first, I thought it was just a one-time movie but after realizing it was a mini-series, I convinced myself to give its first episode a try. Well, as it turned out, I watched the entire movie in one sitting to finish all four episodes in less than four hours! And the truth is, I still can't get over it after binge watching it.
Since then, I've been hooked! I've rewatched it over and over again for the nth time --- yes, nth because I've lost count on the number of times I've seen it considering that I just recently joined the bandwagon almost three weeks ago, to be exact. After rewatching it, I could see more nuances and have been connecting the dots to unfold the hidden emotions from then on. For instance, in one scene, the Duke refused Persephone from accidentally touching his scarred face but in the end, as both of them have been open with their feelings for each other, the Duke, eventually held and let Persephone's hand to touch the side of his scarred face unfolding his vulnerability and his trust toward Persephone's unconditional love.
The storyline is described as slow burn, yet a significant technique in breaking down the layered emotions of its characters which is originally adapted from a novel written by Sarah M. Eden and directed by John Lyde. The author is a wonderful storyteller and the actors made it come alive on screen. The witty exchanges and chemistry between Jake Stormoen (Duke Adam Kielder) and Ryann Bailey (Persephone Iphigenia Lancaster) is undeniable on screen, too. Their compelling facial expressions, unspoken words through subtle body languages showed all the emotions that each character is feeling at the moment. They played their characters so well to the point that the audience is left captivated with their portrayals even after the end of the series. This is the first time I've heard about these actors and watched them together in this Regency Era movie but they have already gained so much respect and admiration of their acting ability and professionalism among their growing avid fans (including me!). Another actor, Toby Alexander Smith, who played Harry, is also worth mentioning because he is phenomenal in delivering the clever dialogues. The most often comical timing and his sense of humor has added flavor to the story. The rest of the actors also did a tremendous job in making this movie one of my favorites now. And, yes, I've recently ordered a hardcopy of the novel online, which is still in transit as of in writing. I'm still contemplating as to whether to purchase their blu-ray DVD since I have already subscribed a platform where it's currently being streamlined.
Aside from the story and the actors, I also love the heartfelt musical score and stunning cinematography which were beautifully crafted and perfectly added on the scenes. This is also my first time to learn that movie-making can now be crowdfunded, too! Despite the low-budgeted production, they were still able to come up with a riveting movie from the scenic view to its era-appropriate costumes. I can sense the hard work and sincerity put by everyone who is part of the independent film production to create a wholesome movie and they did a wonderful job! I wish them all the best as an increasing number of people are watching SP more day-by-day which is currently trending. It has been tracking very well by word-of-mouth through the different social media platforms so I hope this will keep on going, globally, too!
If you're familiar with the beloved Beauty and the Beast narrative, then this is one of those fiction stories that will enthrall you in this modern time, even for a brief moment.
Postscript
In one of Jake Stormoen's one-on-one interview about SP with Heart In Motion podcast, he struck a chord when he quoted that he might not be curing cancer but hopefully he's giving that person a little bit of a break -- well, he certainly did!
Comments