One Summer Stint
Caregiving is not for the weak of heart. I'm saying this because I'm right now one of the millions of family caregivers whose been juggling with a full-time job and caregiving. This is in relation to what I previously posted about my loved one in this LINK
Hospice. The word itself puts a negative connotation of life nearing its end. At one point, it is something to help my loved one transition from this world to eternal life with no more pain. On the other hand, it is something I dread not to experience because of the heartaches that it will leave behind. I am grieving of the thought that he won't be with me anymore for more years to come but only for a few more months, if not for just a few more weeks. I still want him to be around but I know it's just a matter of time that I will lose him and it breaks my heart. At the same time, it also breaks my heart to see him in his vulnerable state. It's exhausting but I'm the only person who can do this for him.
In the meantime, I will do what's best for him and while it's still summer, I'll try to create the remaining memories we have together and for me to have more time to care for him.
Comments