One Overwhelming day
This is the first time that I have been in three meetings at three different buildings on campus while managing to go to my office which is in another building!
From my office, which is Bldg. I, I went to Bldg. II to attend to what I thought was only an hour but ended up attending it the whole day. With the breakout sessions, from Bldg. II I went to Building III. While on a break, I went back to Bldg. I to check my office before heading back to Bldg. II. By lunch time, I have another meeting so I left Bldg. II to go to Bldg. IV. Before heading back to Bldg. II, I went back to Bldg. I to take care of the forefront. Most of the afternoons were spent at the meeting in Bldg. II before heading back to Bldg. I.
What added to the overwhelming walks was the rain. It was rainy in the morning but then it stopped by lunch time so when I head back to my office, I left my umbrella before attending the meeting in Building II. To my surprise, it rained again once I left Bldg. II! I was soaked by the time I got to Bldg. I. Nevertheless, it didn't dampen my spirit. I was literally walking in the rain and never bothered getting wet. Then, I realized I have my laptop and my untouched lunch with me so I had to hurry up. Looking back. I sure enjoyed that moment where I felt the gentle breeze and chilly pour while walking, which has been rare as I grew older ...
Comments