One Eventful Afternoon

What was it with June 4, 2022 that almost everyone had their own celebrations? Maybe it was because spring is almost over and summer days are in the horizon. Or, maybe because after two years, we can now go out and socialize again. Whatever it was, our day was hectic!

It was one Saturday afternoon with three back-to-back events. I couldn't decline any invites because I promised to be around in their events not realizing all three will be held on the same day and time.

Event One was a baby shower/gender reveal party held in Washington, DC. It was simple yet a meaningful gathering of family and friends. Hubby and I never really got into the details of the party because we had to leave early to attend to the next event. Of course, we made sure that we were full before heading to the next destination.

Event Two was a memorial service of one of hubby's relatives who lost her battle from the capital C. It was held in MD. It's been years that we have set foot in her place. Family members and her friends gathered together to remember and rekindle old times. No, hubby and I did not touch the food anymore because we were still full from the first event. After a few chats and picture-takings, we headed to the third, and last event.

Event Three was another family gathering, this time, on my side, to a nephew's piano recital in VA. Well, we really didn't make it to the recital because it was already over by the time we arrived but we managed to watch it on video. After a few chats with family over bubble teas, we headed back home. It was almost midnight. Exhausted but happy. Sleepy but satisfied.

Looking back, I don't know how I managed to drive that long to three different places but I think celebrations such as those were highly anticipated and truly missed when the pandemic struck. I had too much reserved energy that kept me going that afternoon. However, I don't think I'll be doing that again in the near future ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Mini-Series Film

One April month

New York City