One Toxic Semester

 It's back to in-person work these days. And, yes, I still dread the commute but there's one more other thing that I don't look forward to --- meeting toxic people who try to control me at work.

In my attempt to be helpful, I end up the most vulnerable yet least appreciated person to these toxic people. Well, we cannot really please everyone but for what I thought I was doing the right thing, I have been perceived as the antagonist. I wish this will end soon but I also know that there is always a reason why certain things happen. I have to admit that it's exhausting and exasperating on campus but I will not let these incidents affect my family life nor my spiritual life. This is just work and these are part of my job role. At the end of the day, I chose to go home and be with my loved ones without giving them any work-related burdens.

Still, I lift up my eyes to the one and only Author of Life. For 'my help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth' (Psalm 121:2). Thus, I am forever grateful ...

Comments