One Pinoy music day

I had a chance to listen to All-Filipino music today and sigh! I sure miss those times when I could go to concerts and enjoy the music with friends back home.

Iba pa rin ang makarinig ka ng Tagalog na kanta o Pinoy na singer lalo na kung nasa ibang bansa ka. Mabuti na lang at meron ng internet. Nakakapanood o nakaka-download na tayo ng libre. Pero syempre iba rin ang makapanood ka ng live show, walang kapantay.

Speaking of live shows, it’s been awhile since I’ve watched a Filipino concert away from home. The last time was with Gary Valenciano two years ago at Washington, DC. Yes, even though I’m far away from home, I made a point to watch Mr. Pure Energy’s concert. As expected, I had a blast just like in any of his concerts back home.

I remember losing my voice one time. That was the first time I couldn’t talk at all for two days - all because of too much squeals at the concert. But for a change, I welcomed the "disability". When people asked me what was the cause, I'd give out a big grin and say in a husky voice, "Gary V's concert," and they would nod and smile back in agreement. Well, what do you expect if you’re in the fourth row in Gary V's concert with friends?

Too bad I missed out the Divas4Divas last weekend at George Mason. Oh well, maybe it wasn't meant to be.

I think I’ll just wait for another Gary V concert somewhere here in our area and maybe by that time, I’ll be a little discreet and leave the screams to the teeny-boopers … let’s see

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Mini-Series Film

One April month

New York City