One chat day

This morning, I had a chance to chat with a friend for the first time after our grade school graduation. After some exchanges of hi’s and hello’s, we ended up talking about our upcoming reunion. Unfortunately, it’s going to be a thousand miles away from where I am right now.

My friend, however, came all the way from another country to surprise our batchmates in the homecoming. I am also excited for the event but my friend is more anxious in meeting the rest of the group.

“I think I’m the only one who’s single in the group,” she said.

“”No there’s so and so who are still single and are looking forward to see our group, too.” I said.

“I’m worried because what will I tell them about me? I don’t have a spouse or kids to talk about. I don’t think I’m even successful.” she confided.

“I understand how you feel," I said,“but then don’t compare yourself with the rest of the group. You are who you are. Success isn't measured by what status you are in. Besides, you won’t be talking about your family and your work. You are there to have fun with our former schoolmates. It’s all about the good old times and a lot of laughter, too.”

“I wish you’ll be there!”
she added.

I just laughed in reply.

We went on catching up until it was time to turn the snooze timer on. We almost forgot the 12 hour time zone difference!

After our chat, I couldn’t help but recall our recent IM exchanges about attending the reunion. Sigh! Single or not, it should not stop us from attending reunions especially when it entails meeting the people we’ve been close to and haven’t met for decades.

We should be excited in finally having to meet long lost friends in person. The recent February reunion was evidence of how the East Coast group eventually had fun and the rest is now part of rekindled friendships.

Life is good but what makes it complicated? People.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Mini-Series Film

One April month

New York City