One blooming day

This morning as I watched the news, one of the amazing story I heard was that of Susan Boyle's, a recent hopeful contestant of Britain Got Talent. At first she received cynicism from the judges and audience but later on she wowed them with her I dreamed of a dream song rendition. With her great performance, she proved that looks can be deceiving. I believe she also gave hope to people who are late-bloomers like her.

Later in the afternoon, it rained hard down South for awhile but I got a treat for myself. For the first time in my 3-year stay here in the US, I had a chance to see a rainbow. The vibrant colors looked so beautiful like a blooming flower. And I remember taking shots at the celestial arch and reminding myself of God's promise to Noah.

Rainbows also remind me of hope. Thus, whenever I encounter occasional bouts of discouragements over my situation, I tell myself to bloom wherever I am planted, believing that God placed me here for a purpose.

Since the weather down South is tropical, I also got a chance to see a lot of familiar plants similar from back home – Bougainvillas, Gumamela, Santan, Golden Duranta, Talisay tree, Francisco, Calachuchi and of course, palm trees. Honestly, I never realized how much I miss seeing them until I saw them bloom in numbers along the streets, at the park or in somebody else's lawn, adding life to the already lovely sunshine city.

Indeed, today was such a bloom-bastic day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Mini-Series Film

One April month

One Jury Duty Day