One uncle’s day

I received an email from my globe-trotter Uncle today. And I’m happy to know that he’s having fun in Mexico City despite traveling alone. Most people couldn’t understand why he can travel alone and still enjoys it. But I understand.

One premise is we are a family of artists. And most artists I know are introvert thus would find solace when they’re alone as long as they love what they do. I guess it has something to do with being able to work better when not much social activity is going on. Two, he wants to learn new things. And traveling makes him open-minded to different ideas, culture, places and people.

Nevertheless, it’s always a joy to hear stories from him and learn from his travel adventures. I think we are also a family of people who loves to travel …

How are you? I arrived in Mexico City yesterday and will be here until March 11. I noticed I had shortness of breath, and later attributed it to the city’s high elevation. It explained my momentary oxygen deprivation. I’m acclimated now, and this morning did an early tour of the neighborhood, bought local oranges and small sized green apples, and enjoyed the chilly weather.

I did a list of things to see and do today, mostly around Centro Historico where my hotel is located, based on its self guided tour map. There are many museums around the area.

I plan to see Teotihuacan pyramids, about one hour ride northeast of the city and see its ruins. This will be the first pyramid of the world’s numerous pyramids, a testament to the awesome, superior civilization that inhabited the earth many, many years ago, a civilization that co-existed with the cave dwellers and hunter-gatherers in the past.

How are you doing? What’s new in your neck of the woods? Ingat.
I wish I could also tell him how magnificent it is working with my research paper -- which is up to my neck these days haha -- but it’s incomparable to the beautiful sights he is experiencing right now. However, I know I will be exchanging notes with him once I have the chance to travel this April.

Meanwhile, got to go back to writing my second project …

In case you’re wondering what song I have for today -- I’m still listening to Happy Day by Tim Hughes – Oh happy day, happy day ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Mini-Series Film

One April month

New York City