One unproductive day
I’m cramped with research papers and I can’t seem to start anything right. I even caught myself just staring at the monitor as if wishing words will just pop-up on the screen. If only ...
I have to work on 37 tasks -- done with the first three tasks, whew! -- in one project. But I still have three more projects with more tasks to submit before I could say, “I'm done!” I guess I’m overwhelmed with the number of paper works to start with.
I remember my thesis days of a post-grad program. I had one term to work on the proposal then another term to conduct the study and finish the paper. The final paper was done in a flash because there was a deadline – I’ll be migrating.
But then before I could really set my mind into it, it took me two dormant years in between the proposal and final paper to decide whether I should go on or not.
At that time, I had a bunch of excuses for not pushing it through because I was not only working, but at the same time I was earning another post-grad degree come to think of it, why am I saturating myself with academe?!
In between, I was also involved with countless NGO and ministry activities.
In other words, my hands were full – busy, busy, busy - and those were stress-filled years I should say.
Now, however, I don’t have stress-filled excuses not to proceed. Or maybe because I work better when I cram?
I admit sometimes I get distracted with domestic concerns and travel trips. If only my paper is about trips, it would be more interesting.
I know I have to finish what I have started. And yes, I am working on these projects to be done by the end of March --- before another set of scheduled trips this April interrupts it again.
I hope tomorrow will be a different day to start my project tasks – even though it’s one step at a time.
I can do it… I can do it …
I have to work on 37 tasks -- done with the first three tasks, whew! -- in one project. But I still have three more projects with more tasks to submit before I could say, “I'm done!” I guess I’m overwhelmed with the number of paper works to start with.
I remember my thesis days of a post-grad program. I had one term to work on the proposal then another term to conduct the study and finish the paper. The final paper was done in a flash because there was a deadline – I’ll be migrating.
But then before I could really set my mind into it, it took me two dormant years in between the proposal and final paper to decide whether I should go on or not.
At that time, I had a bunch of excuses for not pushing it through because I was not only working, but at the same time I was earning another post-grad degree come to think of it, why am I saturating myself with academe?!
In between, I was also involved with countless NGO and ministry activities.
In other words, my hands were full – busy, busy, busy - and those were stress-filled years I should say.
Now, however, I don’t have stress-filled excuses not to proceed. Or maybe because I work better when I cram?
I admit sometimes I get distracted with domestic concerns and travel trips. If only my paper is about trips, it would be more interesting.
I know I have to finish what I have started. And yes, I am working on these projects to be done by the end of March --- before another set of scheduled trips this April interrupts it again.
I hope tomorrow will be a different day to start my project tasks – even though it’s one step at a time.
I can do it… I can do it …
Comments