One email-full day
I received emails from friends back home. As always, they’ve been all up with what everyone calls busy-ness. I understand.
I remember a friend once said,
“With so many things on my mind, there are times I just want to be thoughtless.”
Yes, a busy life coupled with complicated personal concerns can sometimes make someone end up with blank-stare moments.
Going back to my friends’ emails, in general, it's about overcoming blues, career transitions, and domestic decisions to future endeavors. It's as if everyone's on the same page.
I can fully identify what they are going through right now. It's because that's where I am also.
The levels of our concerns, however, vary but still the common thing is about coping with changes and moving on.
Talk about developmental stages at a certain age …
I remember a friend once said,
“With so many things on my mind, there are times I just want to be thoughtless.”
Yes, a busy life coupled with complicated personal concerns can sometimes make someone end up with blank-stare moments.
Going back to my friends’ emails, in general, it's about overcoming blues, career transitions, and domestic decisions to future endeavors. It's as if everyone's on the same page.
I can fully identify what they are going through right now. It's because that's where I am also.
The levels of our concerns, however, vary but still the common thing is about coping with changes and moving on.
Talk about developmental stages at a certain age …
Comments
Remember the Child of the universe (or Desiderata), that came out when I was down coupled with bad decisions and lost investments. I was like a child lost in the wilderness. Questions like "where am I", "where am I going" linger in my consciousness. I don't badger anybody about how I feel or how heavy my heart then, going through one after another of misfortune and helplessness and doubts. My bedroom is the only silent witness where buckets of tears pour out. Gladly, I didn't come to a point of hopelessness. I know God was watching, letting me go through the pain and hardship. Prayer was my solace. God was my pillar of strength and He will always be. Faith was restored. Those were the times, I've learned to nourish words like:
Don't tell yourself how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is.The only solution between a problem and a prayer is the distance between your knees and the floor.God allows pain and suffering, because that's the time God truly reveals Himself.
Now, problems are still here, crossroads still unresolved but I am now seeing these in a different plane and taking them in in a perspective where my faith is at work. You will never know the wisdom God will show you.
"I love life." Have a good day.