One chilly day

I was in the middle of a sound sleep when suddenly, my mobile’s ring tone stirred me up. Who could it be?

Half-awake and half-asleep my right fingers tried to grope for my Samsung gadget. Just when I was about to pull it away under my pillow the ringing stopped. Ahhh!

I momentarily looked at my window and imagined the sun rising up its way; I then turned around at the alarm clock, 6:48 a.m.

My day started a typical morning except of course for that early call. I checked out who called. It’s one of the four numbers that has been calling me strangely for three consecutive days now, grrrr.

Well, I did answer the first call on the first day but it was a wrong number; and yes, there was one voice mail but it was oddly silent. After that, my gut feeling told me something’s strange.

Through a friend’s help I was able to figure out where the 803+ calls were made which was out-of-state; two numbers were from a state department office and the two other numbers were from unknown owners. I was very tempted to answer any of the next incoming calls but was cautioned not to do so. Thus for awhile, my phone was in silent mode. The silent treatment has finally ended the unwanted calls. I hope.

As my day progressed, from inside our house, I could see a picturesque of a calm, clear, beautiful day in springtime. Diverse birds flocked at the bird seeds found in our porch, chirping merrily; flying up high in the sky and diving low below the ground. But I was misled. When I went out, I could even see my own breath coming out like a car’s combustion; I could feel my ears rise up like an antenna while my skin send messages of eerie sensations. It was very chilly for a sunny day. I forgot it’s still winter, bundle up!

One chilly moment in one chilly day is enough to remind me that looks indeed can be deceiving. With that thought and my friend's hypothesis of a mistaken identity, it made me realize, too, that the odd calls might not actually be intended for me. So be it.

And tonight I'll snooze, with a snoozed mobile too, as I pray for a better day tomorrow.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi,

Still feeling the chilly weather there? Same here, our mini-winter climate here is giving everyone a real chill.
What brave souls you are for putting up with the extreme weather condition in that part of the globe.

As for the shy calls, could be a secret admirer who gets tongue tied whenever he hears your voice. Just a hunch, but am hoping it's an accurate guess.

So the next time you hear your Samsung phone rings, grab it quickly and answer it with your sweet hello.

Popular posts from this blog

One Mini-Series Film

One April month

New York City