Of e-groups, networking and emails
With the new year comes another set of meeting long-time friends again as I was invited to join e-groups and a social networking site. What triggered such online groups was the recent high school homecoming. It’s been years since most of us ever got a chance to be in touch with one another. And we do need a lot of catching up to do. What’s also exciting is to know how far we’ve become in terms of life’s journey as well as where everyone is home-based these days in all parts of the world.
I never realized though that joining such online social groups would also entail receiving a lot of inbox messages. In just one day I would receive 20 emails from various groups not to mention individual messages and the spam messages, too. If I missed a day or two, which everyone could identify, more emails will be coming soon.
With these, I share ambivalent feelings: happy to finally get in touch with the people I’ve known and grown up with as well as shared some things in common from grade school to post-grad studies. But it’s also a little frustrating when I couldn’t catch up with their updates or send my updates. That’s the main reason why it took me awhile to really join any social networking or e-groups: updating. Thus, I have to learn to simplify things by being organized and putting things according to priority.
Finally, the different east coast groups decided to meet for a reunion this winter season and another group in springtime. Everyone’s looking forward to meet and get-to-know each other again this time in person. It would be a delight to see and hear familiar faces laughing in one room. In fact, that was my dream last night which is why I came up with this write-up ...
I know there will be some if not a lot of changes in us physically but I am sure it would still be a blast with our happy memories to share and hold on to.
Meanwhile, I’ve got to do speed reading with today’s 70 unread emails …
I never realized though that joining such online social groups would also entail receiving a lot of inbox messages. In just one day I would receive 20 emails from various groups not to mention individual messages and the spam messages, too. If I missed a day or two, which everyone could identify, more emails will be coming soon.
With these, I share ambivalent feelings: happy to finally get in touch with the people I’ve known and grown up with as well as shared some things in common from grade school to post-grad studies. But it’s also a little frustrating when I couldn’t catch up with their updates or send my updates. That’s the main reason why it took me awhile to really join any social networking or e-groups: updating. Thus, I have to learn to simplify things by being organized and putting things according to priority.
Finally, the different east coast groups decided to meet for a reunion this winter season and another group in springtime. Everyone’s looking forward to meet and get-to-know each other again this time in person. It would be a delight to see and hear familiar faces laughing in one room. In fact, that was my dream last night which is why I came up with this write-up ...
I know there will be some if not a lot of changes in us physically but I am sure it would still be a blast with our happy memories to share and hold on to.
Meanwhile, I’ve got to do speed reading with today’s 70 unread emails …
Comments