One Journey Into the Medicine Cabinet
After washing my face last night, I looked at the mirror above the bathroom sink. I saw a familiar reflection and I smiled. Then my gaze focused on the rectangular shaped cabinet and thought of examining what’s behind it.
The medicine cabinet has a fixed frame, mounted against the wall; immovable, like hardwood furniture. Unless much effort is exerted, it won’t open freely. But after some aerobic-like stretching stints, the cabinet produced a shrill screeching car brake sound as its door-like metal exposed its contents.
Voila! Something came out in the air but it was too fast to even remember what it was.
Then I saw two rows.
On the lower row, the first thing that caught my eye was the nail polish remover. It was still half-filled.
There were three other plastic bottles of rubbing alcohol beside it: two colorless liquid of the same brand but in variable sizes while one bottle has a mint green colored solution.
I reached out to smell each bottle but it seemed as if the bottles were stuck like glue! The bottles were also slightly covered with powdery grayish sand as if coming straight from a volcanic eruption. I wiggled the bottles for a minute then after a slight thud, I finally got hold of one of them. As I squeezed the cap, I felt something cold escaped from the bottle right before my nose as I imagined the chemical configurations of two carbon atoms, two hydrogen atoms and an oxygen atom quickly vaporizing into thin air.
Squeezed in between the ethyl alcohol and nail polish remover bottles were two sturdy boxes of plastic strips arranged on top of each other looking like two platoons stationed in a battle.
The upper row, on the other hand, contained toes-shaped toothpaste tube. Gummy flavors were usually associated with the color pink but this yellow sponge’s blue colored gel has a bubble gum flavor and fruity smell, too.
Beside the cringed tube was a can of first aid spray looking like a gallant soldier surrounded by a 2ml damsel-in-distress bottle of a make-up foundation; an almost malnourished 3ml tube of a hand lotion; a fabulous-looking and untouched facial cleansing foam, another gorgeous-looking but used plastic bottle of 3ml hair conditioner and a slippery, gloomy-looking round glass container of a slimy textured hair gel finalized the scenario.
Next time, I think I need to check out the sink cabinet, too. I wonder what kind of story it would be ...
The medicine cabinet has a fixed frame, mounted against the wall; immovable, like hardwood furniture. Unless much effort is exerted, it won’t open freely. But after some aerobic-like stretching stints, the cabinet produced a shrill screeching car brake sound as its door-like metal exposed its contents.
Voila! Something came out in the air but it was too fast to even remember what it was.
Then I saw two rows.
On the lower row, the first thing that caught my eye was the nail polish remover. It was still half-filled.
There were three other plastic bottles of rubbing alcohol beside it: two colorless liquid of the same brand but in variable sizes while one bottle has a mint green colored solution.
I reached out to smell each bottle but it seemed as if the bottles were stuck like glue! The bottles were also slightly covered with powdery grayish sand as if coming straight from a volcanic eruption. I wiggled the bottles for a minute then after a slight thud, I finally got hold of one of them. As I squeezed the cap, I felt something cold escaped from the bottle right before my nose as I imagined the chemical configurations of two carbon atoms, two hydrogen atoms and an oxygen atom quickly vaporizing into thin air.
Squeezed in between the ethyl alcohol and nail polish remover bottles were two sturdy boxes of plastic strips arranged on top of each other looking like two platoons stationed in a battle.
The upper row, on the other hand, contained toes-shaped toothpaste tube. Gummy flavors were usually associated with the color pink but this yellow sponge’s blue colored gel has a bubble gum flavor and fruity smell, too.
Beside the cringed tube was a can of first aid spray looking like a gallant soldier surrounded by a 2ml damsel-in-distress bottle of a make-up foundation; an almost malnourished 3ml tube of a hand lotion; a fabulous-looking and untouched facial cleansing foam, another gorgeous-looking but used plastic bottle of 3ml hair conditioner and a slippery, gloomy-looking round glass container of a slimy textured hair gel finalized the scenario.
Next time, I think I need to check out the sink cabinet, too. I wonder what kind of story it would be ...
Comments