One Wintry Day
8:30 AM
As I write this morning, I am beholden by the sight outside my bedroom window. What started to look like falling white confetti has now become masses of non-stop snowflakes. It’s been hours of snowfall and I am enjoying the heavenly sight.
Have to get my camera, go outside and take shots of the majestic scene but I'll do that later as I cherish the moment by my window.
From the window, I also witness cars passing by as if in slow motion on the icy road while some pedestrians carefully find their way walking along the snowy pavement. I hope they're enjoying their walk in the snow.
I look up and can see the cloudy yet slightly luminiscent sky. There's going to be some more snowflakes down the road. But thank you Lord for such beautiful sight.
1:00 PM
After a whole morning of continuous snow, it's time to start shoveling our driveway. Humph, sigh, humph, sigh.
But in between my scooping and throwing exercises, I took some snapshots of the scenery. Click, click, click.
There's one more thing I need to do at our hilly backyard, yes play in the snow. Yipeee!
3:15 PM
Inside the house, I could hear drip, drip, drip. Down goes the dissolved snow into the drain.
I imagine icy water dropping from the rooftop, too. Clack, clack, clack down goes the ice.
Also, snow is still falling, not down from the cloudy sky though, but from the trees instead. Drop, drop, drop.
As I look out at the window again, the ground is covered with sleet and looks slushy, too. Suddenly snow comes down lightly again. My hard work seem to turn futile.
The driveway ground is icy again but oh, I just love the sight of white covered streets, trees and houses. And the clean smell, too. It's like serendipity in the midst of a gloomy day.
7:32 PM
Sipping a hot chocolate drink is refreshing. It takes the chill out of my bones. I am so glad that I'm home the whole day. No worries about driving along the road. I savor my time as I snuggle my thermal sheets while reading an autobiography of a teacher man.
9:18 P.M.
Now, I feel something else. My body is sore after the back-breaking activity this afternoon – that's another story ...
As I write this morning, I am beholden by the sight outside my bedroom window. What started to look like falling white confetti has now become masses of non-stop snowflakes. It’s been hours of snowfall and I am enjoying the heavenly sight.
Have to get my camera, go outside and take shots of the majestic scene but I'll do that later as I cherish the moment by my window.
From the window, I also witness cars passing by as if in slow motion on the icy road while some pedestrians carefully find their way walking along the snowy pavement. I hope they're enjoying their walk in the snow.
I look up and can see the cloudy yet slightly luminiscent sky. There's going to be some more snowflakes down the road. But thank you Lord for such beautiful sight.
1:00 PM
After a whole morning of continuous snow, it's time to start shoveling our driveway. Humph, sigh, humph, sigh.
But in between my scooping and throwing exercises, I took some snapshots of the scenery. Click, click, click.
There's one more thing I need to do at our hilly backyard, yes play in the snow. Yipeee!
3:15 PM
Inside the house, I could hear drip, drip, drip. Down goes the dissolved snow into the drain.
I imagine icy water dropping from the rooftop, too. Clack, clack, clack down goes the ice.
Also, snow is still falling, not down from the cloudy sky though, but from the trees instead. Drop, drop, drop.
As I look out at the window again, the ground is covered with sleet and looks slushy, too. Suddenly snow comes down lightly again. My hard work seem to turn futile.
The driveway ground is icy again but oh, I just love the sight of white covered streets, trees and houses. And the clean smell, too. It's like serendipity in the midst of a gloomy day.
7:32 PM
Sipping a hot chocolate drink is refreshing. It takes the chill out of my bones. I am so glad that I'm home the whole day. No worries about driving along the road. I savor my time as I snuggle my thermal sheets while reading an autobiography of a teacher man.
9:18 P.M.
Now, I feel something else. My body is sore after the back-breaking activity this afternoon – that's another story ...
Comments