I have never imagined myself to be so enamored by a TV mini-series until watching Seeking Persephone. I came across SP through a platform which has been showing snippets from the film in my social media reels. Out of curiosity, I told myself I might just watch it to give myself a break. At first, I thought it was just a one-time movie but after realizing it was a mini-series, I convinced myself to give its first episode a try. Well, as it turned out, I watched the entire movie in one sitting to finish all four episodes in less than four hours! And the truth is, I still can't get over it after binge watching it. Since then, I've been hooked! I've rewatched it over and over again for the nth time --- yes, nth because I've lost count on the number of times I've seen it considering that I just recently joined the bandwagon almost three weeks ago, to be exact. After rewatching it, I could see more nuances and have been connecting the dots to unfold the hidden emotions ...
It was a one-of-a-kind trip cycle , if there’s such a phrase as that as my good-natured Filipina friend and I flew down to South Florida from the Northeast. We went around the place by land. Then we crossed the sea on board a cruise ship to Bahamas. We went back to Florida on cruise, toured the city by land again before heading back home by plane. It all happened in three different places for seven nights and eight days. One nature tripping day Our trip to Ft. Lauderdale, FL last April 14-17 was mostly spent on nature tripping. My friend and I went to a fishing port somewhere in Palm Beach Shore; we had a chance to see different kinds and sizes of fishes in the open sea aquarium while looking at them from the boardwalk. The experience was like snorkeling without getting wet or seeing them in a glass bottom boat minus the boat ride. There were fishing boats for rent and a lot of yachts on deck. There was even a family of four who went out fishing and came back with different sizes of k...
When I think of NYC, it reminds me of soaring skyscrapers, the musicals in Broadway, the solid Statue of Liberty, the historic Ellis Island, the verdant Central Park, the blinking lights at Time Square, the memorable Empire State, the American heritage Hudson River, the financial districts of Wall Street, the diversed people hustling and bustling in broad day light, the blowing of horns in busy streets, the colorful and dancing lights at night, to name a few. There seems to be endless activities going on 24/7! No wonder it is well-known as the City that Never Sleeps.
Comments